Temple Beth Torah
Temple Beth Torah is looking for a Part Time Youth Group Adviser for our Jr. & Sr. Youth Groups (6th-12th graders) This creative, organized and energetic person will oversee all Youth Group activities to ensure that the youth are engaged through programming which is both innovative and creative and in accordance with the values and ideals of the Reform Movement. Responsibilities include the planning, advertising and supervising activities for our informal youth programs. This person will also provide administrative support for the religious school and report to the Cantor/Educator.
Hours: This is a year round part time position approximately 10 hours/week. During school months - Sunday mornings, some evenings and weekend overnights (5 times/year). Flexibility on hours during summer months.
Responsibilities to Include but are Not Limited to:
· Work collaboratively with Rabbi, Cantor, and Youth Committee to create, plan and develop programs that promote Jewish identity through social, educational, religious, and social action activities.
· Schedule age appropriate activities for the Jr. & Sr. Temple Youth Groups (TYG) and coordinate participation in Youth Group Services.
· Attend and supervise participants at all youth group related programs including 5 overnights.
· Communicate with families, youth and staff about program registration/logistics and ensure included on Temple calendar.
· Coordinate, recruit and track youth group membership by maintaining a current roster of Jr. & Sr. TYG members and their parents including addresses, phone numbers, and emails.
· Attend all NFTY-STR conventions as a chaperone; communicate with NFTY leaders to incorporate NFTY programming ideas when possible, and promote youth attendance through registration and arranging for transportation to and from events.
· Adhere to Temple Beth Torah Standard Operating Procedures for staying within budget, reimbursements, petty cash, and tax exemption. Assist with the formulation of a proposed budget for submission to the Board of Trustees on an annual basis.
· Meet regularly with TYG Board Members and maintain minutes from Board meetings.
· Attend Youth Group Committee and monthly Board Meetings.
· Provide leadership training and guidance to teens on Board regarding Board positions and help them to understand roles and expectations.
· Create and complete evaluation forms with teens after events including number of attendees, costs and suggestions for future.
· Oversee the use of the youth lounge.
· Answer any incoming calls during religious school hours, direct them accordingly and assist with answering questions.
· Greet and assist religious school parents during religious school hours, collect forms/ payment and assistance or refer inquirers accordingly.
Interested candidates should contact Elissa Schube at Elissas331@gmail.com