Name of School: Temple Israel
School Address: 1901 N. Flagler Drive Palm Beach, FL 33407
Contact: Iris Koller
Phone: (561) 883-8421
Positions to be filled:
- Part-time Religious School Administrator/Educator
- Hebrew Decoding Teacher
Subjects to be taught:
Part-time Religious School Administrator/Educator - Hebrew, Bible, Holidays, Jewish Values, Israel, Jewish History, & Electives
Hebrew Decoding Teacher - Basic Hebrew Decoding: Teacher to teach a small group (7-9 students) basic Hebrew decoding. Students primarily 4th grade age.
Class Days and Times:
- Part-time Religious School Administrator/Educator - Wednesdays, Sundays and other days TBD
- Hebrew Decoding Teacher - Wednesdays 4:30-5:30
Compensation: Dependent upon experience
- Part-time Religious School Administrator/Educator - sick & vacation days
- Hebrew Decoding Teacher - High Holy Day tickets
Part-time Religious School Administrator/Educator - Temple Israel of West Palm Beach is a small (approximately 270 member families) mainstream Reform congregation that honors tradition while appreciating innovation. We seek a part-time Religious School Administrator. The individual should be creative, organized, and motivated to partner with our team to continue to grow learning for students and families. The successful candidate will work closely with our professional staff and lay leadership, and will encourage parent and community involvement.
Our program includes 15-16 Sunday sessions (typically 2x/month September – May) and additional family programming. Beginning in grade 4, students also attend weekly Wednesday Hebrew sessions.
Job duties include:
• Participating in hiring, supervising, mentoring, and evaluating teachers and teaching assistants
• Implementing and revising curriculum, as appropriate – ensuring active, developmentally appropriate learning is occurring
• Recruitment, including marketing of the school to promote/increase enrollment
• Initiating and supporting fundraising efforts to enhance the school budget
• Teaching in our Hebrew program and as part of special school and family events
• Involvement in b’nai mitzvah preparation, including scheduling and tutoring
• Partnering with educational staff to plan and implement whole school and family experiences that promote deep learning and relationship building
• Working with the professional team to prepare and maintain necessary school schedules, family & financial records and budgets
• Writing monthly bulletin articles; regular updates to parents; and information for the Temple board
• Promoting connections between school and various other constituencies within the congregation, such as Brotherhood and Sisterhood to deepen relationships and engagement
• Participation in the community’s Educator Council
The successful candidate will be comfortable working in a collaborative environment and appreciate the benefits of working as part of a clergy, professional, and lay team. The ability to multi-task as well as advanced computer skills and excellent organizational skills will all be helpful in this position.
Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree, prior teaching experience, comfort with the theology and practices of the Reform movement, and experience in teaching basic Hebrew and prayer. Prior school administration or management experience is preferred, but not required.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use the words “Religious School Administrator Application” as the email’s subject line.
Connect. Learn. Grow.