Jewish Family Life
The Commission for Jewish Education is ideally suited to connect families with other Jewish institutions as it currently provides support and services to more than 2,500 students in 25 pre-schools, supplementary schools, and day schools in the Greater Palm Beaches, as well as the 300 educators who shape the educational experiences of our community’s children. Over the past 8 years, through the support of the Harold Grinspoon Foundation.
The Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County, and local donors, the CJE has launched and continues to coordinate PJ Library®, a project that strives to deepen the identities of Jewish families and strengthen their relationships to the Jewish community by providing a monthly FREE gift of an age-appropriate Jewish book or CD to children ages 6 months to 8 years.
In addition to this program, CJE’s Jewish Family Life outreach services currently include:
- Serving as a “welcome wagon and concierge” for the hundreds of Jewish families with young children in the Greater Palm Beaches.
- Expanding CJE’s presence on social media sites such as Facebook to better allow more than 1,000 local families to connect to each other and to learn more about Jewish programs in the community.
- Promoting its new online calendar of events for young Jewish families at ww.cjepb.org/calendar. This calendar gets over 400 visits a month.
- Developing working partnerships with 15 area rabbis, synagogues and other Jewish institutions to develop a community-wide network of Jewish family programs and services.
- Developing print and web-based campaigns to increase the number of families choosing a Jewish early childhood, day school, and synagogue school education for their children.
- Working with CJE's Professional Development and School Services staff to develop and implement the popular Traveling Curriculum Project based on popular PJ Library® characters.
For more information on CJE’s Family Life programs, please contact
Amy Bergman at (561) 209-2608 or email@example.com